Thursday 6 January 2011

Once more...

Happy new year, and all that jazz...I make no apologies for the lack of posts over December: I've had better things to do than blogging. Normal intermittant posting should resume next week. As usual I got next to nothing done over the 'festive season', but I did get a air compressor and basic airbrush setup working: still much to learn on that front though.

The 3rd installment of painting British infantry is still coming (note to self: make sure to have the required figures in future), plus I've also been experimenting with a few combinations for the US Para M1942 uniform, so I'll do something on that as well. After that, who knows?

Apart from various Flames of War projects I have decided this will be the year I re-start my Crusades project. This was going to be in 15mm several years back, but then I lost interest in most things 'ancients' (i.e. DBM, DBMM, FOG, etc). Inspired by the awesome Crusades-era battles at Olicanalad's Blog, the masses of Perry miniatures and the chronicles of 'Kermit the Hermit', I've decided to do it in 25/28mm instead. Not quite sure on the details yet, but the Crusades has been a favourite period of mine since...err, ever, actually. I feel it's high time I went back to it in some form. 28mm will obviously work out more expensive, but I think I do too much in 15mm as it is: the sheer spectacle of large formations in the larger scale simply cannot be beaten, and I am more and more looking for something that is 'game-able' and yet very visually appealing.

I have no other projects planned, but there are half a dozen I could start at the drop of a hat...

CdlT

2 comments:

  1. I'm also looking forward to seeing your Crusaders!Happy New Year!

    Cheers
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year.
    Looking forward to all next years painted models.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...